Vaccinate Before You Graduate

What is Vaccinate Before You Graduate?
Vaccinate Before You Graduate (VBYG) is an immunization program in partnership with the Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) that makes twelve (12)  important vaccinations available to all Rhode Island middle and high school students at no out-of-pocket cost. These vaccines are given during the school day at clinics throughout the year. VBYG can bring your teen up-to-date on their shots and protect them from serious diseases.

Are your student’s vaccinations up-to-date?
Your teen is required to have certain immunizations to attend school. If immunizations are missing, the district can exclude your student from school. In addition, your son or daughter may need vaccinations against many of these diseases in order to get a job or attend a college. If you had to pay for all these vaccinations, it could cost as much as $1200 out of pocket!

Click here for RIDOH’s most up-to-date list of immunization school requirements

What vaccinations are offered through this program?

For more information, parents can read the Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) available for each vaccine by clicking on the vaccine.

When is the next VBYG clinic at my teen’s school?
Click here for VBYG Calendar

No clinic date listed for your school? No problem!
Completing an online consent form will prompt your school to schedule a clinic.

Are there fees or insurance requirements?
No, there is no out-of-pocket charge for any student for any vaccine. Students are not required to have health insurance. The insurance of those students who have insurance, however, will be collected to offset the cost of vaccine administration.

No insurance?  All children in Rhode Island are eligible for health insurance.
For more information, visit these sites for more information:

How can I enroll myself or my teen in the program?
Click here to complete an online registration form

In accordance with RIGL 23-4, 6-1 students age 16 or older may consent to routine, emergency, medical or surgical care. A minor parent may consent to treatment of their child.